To remix this project, click on “Built on Code Studio” above, then select “How it Works (View Code). Then on Code Studio, select “Remix” to save it to your “My Project” section of code.org.
Remix Heat Transfer App Lesson 1:
In Design Mode, design each screen using color, labels, buttons, and images from the Design Toolbox.
For each screen (Radiation, Conduction, and Convection), write the definition of the term, and and explanation of how the image you selected illustrates the concept. You may copy and paste the definition if you cite the source by copying the URL (web address).
- Add your names to home page.
- Upload images that illustrate the three types of heat transfer.
- Change Colors of backgrounds, text, and buttons.
- Add Definitions and descriptions.
Remix Heat Transfer App Lesson 2:
Adding/Editing the code to make the app interactive
- Lets look at our first block of code. The yellow block is a “UI” or User Interaction control. This means that the person using the app is going to interact (click, swipe, mouse over, press a key, etc.) with your app to get a desired result. In our case, we are having the user “click” the “start” button to set (change) the screen to “Radiation.”
- Look at our blocks of code for our app. What do you see? What does it mean?
- Add a Button on last page that links back to start page. Be sure to give this button a logical, descriptive name. (Look at the example above. What did I name the button at the end of the code that links back to the “home-screen?”
- Now add the block of code that links the button on the last page back to your first screen. (You can copy and paste.)
- Run and test your code.
- 6b. Students create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations.
- 6a. Students choose the appropriate platforms and tools for meeting the desired objectives of their creation or communication.
- 3c. Students curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections of artifacts that demonstrate meaningful connections or conclusions.